More pages in this section
Work Experience - Years 11 and 12
Year 11 & 12 Work Experience Programs
Year 11 and 12 VET Pathway students – Wednesdays
Students may choose to undertake work experience each Wednesday. The opportunity is available to work in a different workplace each semester.
Year 11 & 12 Students Voluntary Work Experience program – holiday week
Students may experience a particular career or workplace during their school holidays.
High School Health Care Careers Program at the Townsville Hospital
This program allows the opportunity for students interested in Medicine, Nursing or Allied Health Careers to gain practical experience and knowledge to develop their understanding of the broad range of health industry professions offered at the Townsville Hospital & Health Service. Students will be provided with an overview of all clinical careers and may choose one of three professional workforces to focus on. The day includes a guided tour, and a variety of experiences including simulated clinical practices. To apply for this day which is run four times per year see your Career Coordinator, Mrs Milani.
Defence Career Days
The Army and RAAF base run one day career visits several times per year. information is emailed to students prior to each visit and an application is required to be completed by the student. Activities include:
- Briefing on safety, security, expectations, RAAF or ARMY Townsville units
- Visit a number of units on base, allowing students to see, handle and/or learn about a range of Air Force/Army equipment, vehicles, aircraft etc (units may include MEOMS workshop, Air Movements Section, 38 Squadron, 5th Aviation Regiment (Army), Air Traffic Control, Military Working Dogs, Combat Survival Training School - units may vary slightly each visit)
- Focus on the range of career opportunities that are available in the RAAF/ARMY
- Lunch at the Mess (cost payable upon entry to the mess)
- Participation in a Physical Training Activity
- Discussions and Q&A with staff at the RAAF/ARMY Base
- Information session by Defence Force Recruiting